Chapters 7, 28
Taxonomy and Evolution
Chapter 7 Taxonomy
- Why was Linnaeus system of taxonomy selected over
- What does the scientific name of an organism tell you
- List the major taxons from broadest to most specific.
- What is the purpose of a classification system?
- What is a cladogram and what information do scientists
use to produce a cladogram?
- How does a taxonomic key help to identify unknown
Chapter 28 - Evidence of Evolution
- Where do evolutionists derive the support for their
- Why is sedimentary rock important to the study of
- Describe some changes in the Earths atmosphere from its
beginning to the present.
Chpater 29 Modern Evolution
- How are adaptations important in evolution?
- How do homologous, analogous and vestigial structures
help us construct cladograms?
- How can geographic isolation result in speciation?
- Summarize Darwins theory of natural selection.
- How is industrial melanism a good example of natural
- What are some other examples of natural selection?